Redwood’s mutual funds offer unique mandates that focus on addressing specific investor needs.
In addition to this desire of delivering different investment mandates, the vision behind our investment funds are quite different than many of the other funds in the industry.
While many investment managers focus on mimicking or closely tracking a benchmark, Redwood believes that to BEAT your benchmark, you can’t BE the benchmark.
- Flexible mandates with broad asset, sector or geographical limitations
- Ability to use cash as a tactical asset class in times of market decline
- Subject to regulations, the ability to sell up to 20% of a fund’s assets short
What Redwood looks for in an investment management firm:
- Specialist managers
- Personally invested in the success of their mandates, and their firm
- Proven track record, with a repeatable process
- Asset size advantage versus multi-billion dollar funds
- Ability to add value in less efficient markets
We don’t believe that the debate between active and passive management is absolute, nor should the approaches be mutually exclusive to a portfolio. We do believe, however, that if you hire someone to actively manage a portion of your portfolio, then it most certainly should be actively managed. We believe the days of closet-indexing are over in this country.